On 4/03/2011, at 12:44 AM, Derek M Jones wrote:

> Richard,
>
>> What I *don't* see here is any practical relevance to the question
>> of whether 'printf' is part of the C language or not, except for
>
> I would come back to my final sentence of my original reply:
>
> The definition of 'language' depends on who you are talking to.

The original poster claimed that it was *USEFUL* to regard
each program and each document as being in its own language.

I'm still waiting to be shown how that is *USEFUL*.

--
The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt
charity in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302).