Lindsay,

A couple of researchers I have contacted to obtain data
told me that they have either lost it or did not make an
effort to keep it.

Having someplace that people could automatically upload their
data to might help preserve more of it, as well as making
life easier for other by cutting down on search time.

A while back I was asked to prepare an area on the PPIG website where people
could upload data for public consumption (surrounded by appropriate caveats of
course). The data I was preparing for didn't ever turn up so the area remains
hidden, but I can certainly expose this in some way if people wish to use it.

--
Derek M. Jones                  tel: +44 (0) 1252 520 667
Knowledge Software Ltd          blog:shape-of-code.coding-guidelines.com

--
The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt charity
in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302).