Dear all,
what we call 'values' or 'norms' change according to
time and place. what is wrong today might have been
right hundred years ago, and vice versa.
In Indonesia, Baywatch and Sex and the City are
rejected in Aceh, but welcomed in Jakarta and Bali.
Just an example of how values and norms differ from
time to time and place to place.

Sirikit
--- Carla Annamarie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> ***********************
> No virus was detected in the attachment no filename
>
> Your mail has been scanned by InterScan.
> ***********-***********
>

> Dear Pak RG,
>
> you have pointed out the facts..that arrangement of
> marriage between an
> older or elder men and an under age child is exist.
> it occured mostly in
> arabs country, india, and africa (until now)..thanks
> for that valuable
> information, anyway..now days if an older or elder
> men married an under age
> child (in this case 9 years old child)..is against
> the law..(constitution),
> perhaps the countries u had mentioned earlier had
> applied an ''adat
> law''.., even in our country is forbidden..(based on
> civil act), bcs
> morally is not right.., how do you feel if your
> child an 9 years old child
> marry to.. lets say 25 years old  men?
> is it morally legal.? is it civilised..? and is it
> Right?..i think deep
> inside you know the answer..
> btw..it's not abt insulting someone or religion..
>
> RGrds,
> Carla
>

>                       RG Nur Rahmat
>

>                       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:
>     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>                       o.com>                   cc:
>

> Subject:  Re: [ppiindia] Kritik buat charles
> moore...
>                       12/21/2004 06:31
>

>                       AM
>

>                       Please respond to
>

>                       ppiindia

> ***********************
> No virus was detected in the attachment no filename
>
> Your mail has been scanned by InterScan.
> ***********-***********
>

> Let's discuss the age of Aisha being 9 when she
> married our Prophet in
> Islam!
>
> First of all, it is important to know:
>
> Aisha's parents were the ones who married her to our
> Prophet, and that no
> Muslim or even pagan objected to the marriage
> because it was widely
> practiced.  And even until today in 3rd world
> countries (Muslims and
> non-Muslims), little girls as young as 9 or 10 do
> get married.  Anyway, the
> reason no one objected was to the Prophet's marriage
> was:
>
>    People used to have very short life-spans in
> Arabia.   They used to live
> between 40 to 60 years maximum.  So it was only
> normal and natural for
> girls to be married off at ages 9 or 10 or similar.
>

>    Marriage for young girls was widely practiced
> among Arabs back then, and
> even today in many third-world non-Muslim and Muslim
> countries
>
>  today, the Jewish law for marriage sets the age of
> consent for females at
> 11. (Consent is only one way of marriage) I do not
> know if modern Jewish
> law still allows (in theory) betrothal by
> [...]
=== message truncated ===

http://celebrity.mail.yahoo.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/BRUplB/TM

Lebih Baik, in Commonality & Shared Destiny. www.ppi-india.uni.cc