Bagi yang ingin mengetahui lebih banyak tentang kunyit dan kanker silahkan
baca pada :
http://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/cgi/content/full/62/13/3868

----- Original Message -----
From: "rahardjo mustadjab" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <ppiindia@yahoogroups.com>;
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Wisnu Sindhutrisno" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Nithianandum Katherayson"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Niken Franks"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "yasmina-arrachman
kusmadi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2005 11:05 AM
Subject: [ppiindia] Food for the brain

> Curcumin = curcuma longa (Wikipedia).  Melihat
> tampilannya, tak salah lagi bahwa curcumin adalah
> kunyit, yaitu bahan yang banyak dipakai pada masakan
> Padang dan jamu di Jawa.  Bahan ini sudah lama dikenal
> khasiatnya sebagai anti-oxydant.
>
> Salam,
> RM
>
> --------------------------
>
> (TIME Asia)
> (January 17, 2005 / Vol. 165, No. 2
>
> Food for the Brain
>

> Can an ingredient in Indian curry help prevent
> Alzheimer's?
> BY BRYAN WALSH
>

> Fans of Indian cuisine know a spicy curry can go
> straight to the head-and now medical science backs
> them up. A recent study by researchers at the
> University of California Los Angeles and the Greater
> Los Angeles Veterans Affairs Healthcare System
> concludes that curcumin, the substance that gives the
> curry spice turmeric its yellow pigment, may help
> combat Alzheimer's disease. In India's ancient
> Ayurvedic health system, the spice is known as an
> anti-inflammatory and a cleanser of blood. Alzheimer's
> researchers became interested in it due to evidence
> that the prevalence of the neurological disease among
> the elderly in India may be considerably lower than
> that in the U.S.
>
> In the study, scientists found that elderly lab rats
> fed curcumin experienced a reduction in the
> beta-amyloid proteins found in the brains of
> Alzheimer's victims. When researchers tested curcumin
> on human beta-amyloid proteins in a test tube, the
> chemical blocked the proteins from forming destructive
> plaques-meaning that curcumin could be useful for
> treating Alzheimer's, and more importantly, for
> preventing it. Dr. Greg Cole, the lead researcher,
> hopes that curcumin could be for Alzheimer's what
> aspirin has become for heart disease: a simple, safe
> and affordable preventative. New Delhi-based
> restaurant consultant J. Inder Singh Kalra, who has
> touted the holistic value of Indian food on his TV
> cooking show for years, hopes such news will instruct
> younger Indians, who have been turning to unhealthy
> Western food. "It's the great tragedy of this
> country," says Kalra, "that we won't value our own
> culture unless it comes back to us from the West."

> Berdikusi dg Santun & Elegan, dg Semangat Persahabatan. Menuju Indonesia
> yg Lebih Baik, in Commonality & Shared Destiny. www.ppi-india.uni.cc
> Mohon Perhatian:
>
> 1. Harap tdk. memposting/reply yg menyinggung SARA (kecuali sbg otokritik)
> 2. Pesan yg akan direply harap dihapus, kecuali yg akan dikomentari.
> 3. Lihat arsip sebelumnya, www.ppi-india.da.ru;
> 4. Satu email perhari: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 5. No-email/web only: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 6. kembali menerima email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

'Thanks & Giving.'
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mGEjbB/5WnJAA/E2hLAA/BRUplB/TM