Ikutan ahh...

"I was a person like you. I tried to give meaning to my life. With
God's help I decided against having my own family to become a father,
a brother and a friend to those who do not have a father, brothers or
friends. If you want to be like me we will walk together sharing our
life with people living in South American shanty towns, with lepers
in India or with so many poor people living in the slums of an
Italian city: people deprived of affection, of meaning in life, poor
people who need God and you to go on living. In any case, if you do
not feel like living as I did, I still want to remind you of a very
important truth: life, this great gift which comes from God, is to be
spent well. You will spend it well if you do not hide egoistically in
your shell but open yourself to love, committing yourself to the good
of the one who is poorer than you."

Sumber: dari tulisan seorang teman....

--- In ppiindia@yahoogroups.com, "givingnewhope" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Baru ditinggalin beberapa hari, kenapa milis ini bisa jadi
seromantis
> ini yach?
>
> Hoii.. emangnya 'cinta' itu apa yach?!
>

> --- In ppiindia@yahoogroups.com, "RM Danardono HADINOTO"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > --- In ppiindia@yahoogroups.com, "Listy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >

> > > Jangan pernah katakan cinta
> > >             Jika kamu tidak pernah peduli
> >
> > -------------
> >

> > DH: The best of all kind of love, is the universal love, or metta:
> >
> > One loves all beings:
> >
> > (a) by the non-harassment of all beings and thus avoids
harassment;
> > (b) by being inoffensive (to all beings) and thus avoids
> > offensiveness;
> >
> > (c) by not torturing (all beings) and thus avoids torturing;
> >
> > (d) by the non-destruction (of all life) and thus avoids
> > destructiveness;
> >
> > (e) by being non-vexing (to all beings) and thus avoids vexing;
> >
> > (f) by projecting the thought, "May all beings be friendly and
not
> > hostile";
> >
> > (g) by projecting the thought," May all beings be happy and not
> > unhappy";
> >
> > (h) by projecting the thought, "May all beings enjoy well-being
and
> > not be distressed."
> >
> > In these eight ways one loves all beings; therefore, it is called
> > universal love. And since one conceives (within) this quality (of
> > love), it is of the mind. And since this mind is free from all
> > thoughts of ill-will, the aggregate of love, mind and freedom is
> > defined as universal love leading to freedom of mind.
> >
> > From the above passage it will be seen that metta implies
> > the "outgrowing" of negative traits by actively putting into
> practice
> > the correlative positive virtues.
> >
> > It is only when one actively practices non-harassment towards all
> > beings that one can outgrow the tendency to harass others.
> Similarly,
> > it is with the other qualities of inoffensiveness, non-
tormenting,
> > non-destroying and non-vexing in deed, word and thought that one
> can
> > outgrow the negative traits of being offensive, of tormenting
> others,
> > of destructiveness and of vexatiousness.
> >
> > Over and above such positive conduct and principled way of life,
> one
> > further cultivates the mind through that specific technique of
> > meditation called metta-bhavana, which generates powerful
thoughts
> of
> > spiritualized love that grow boundless, making consciousness
itself
> > infinite and universal.
> >
> > Thoughts that wish all beings to be friendly and never hostile,
> happy
> > and never unhappy, to enjoy well-being and never be distressed,
> imply
> > not only sublimity and boundlessness, but also utter freedom of
> mind.
> > Hence the appropriateness of the expression "universal love
leading
> > to freedom of mind."
> >
> > As for the meanings of the five aspects opposed by metta,
> harassment
> > is the desire to oppress or damage; offensiveness is the tendency
> > hurt or injure; torturing is a synonym of the sadistic tendency
> > torment, subjecting others to pain or misery; destructiveness is
> > put an end to or to finish, the trait of the extremist and the
> > iconoclast; vexing is to tax, trouble or cause others worry and
> > strain. Each of these tendencies is rooted in antipathy and
> > malevolence, and provides a contrast with metta, both as a mode
of
> > conduct and as a psychological state or attitude of mind.
> >
> > --------
> > The real love doesn't ask for itself.
> >
> > And it is the strongest power in our universe.
> >

> > Salam dalam dharma
> >
> > danardono

Give the gift of life to a sick child.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/lGEjbB/6WnJAA/E2hLAA/BRUplB/TM