There is a practical solution:
An earplug
Samudjo
----- Original Message -----
From: "kim3hook" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "ppi" <ppiindia@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 12:52 AM
Subject: [ppiindia] Adzan: Sifatnya haram dg menggunakan speakers

> Bisa jadi banyak orang belum mengetahuinya, bahwa adzan dengan
> menggunakan corong speaker itu haram dalilnya. Gagasan di Mesir
> spt tertulis di artikel dibawah ini bagus ntuk dicontoh di Indonesia.
>
> ___________________________
>  Egypt plans to unify prayer calls
>
>  The Egyptian government has proposed unifying the call to prayer in Cairo
> by introducing a single call delivered by a radio network.
> Religious affairs minister Mahmoud Hamdi Zaqzouq said there should be "one
> live voice" broadcast simultaneously from Cairo's 4,000 mosques.
>
> However, some Muslims have opposed the suggestion, with one Islamic web
site
> saying it amounted to "treason".
>
> With 16 million residents, Cairo is the Muslim world's most populous
> capital.
>
> Mufti approval
>
> Prayer calls are transmitted via loudspeakers of mosques five times a day.
>
> Mosques often announce the prayers two or three minutes apart, causing
much
> confusion.
>

> "Everyday I receive complaints from people about the loudspeakers and when
> ask them to make official complaints, they say they were afraid of being
> accused of being infidels or acting against religion," Mr Zaqzouq said.
>
> Following opposition to the plan on Web sites and in newspapers, he said
he
> did "not expect this fuss... as if it was a doomsday".
>
> "In fact, the loudspeakers are heresy because Islam has been doing fine
for
> 1,350 years without loudspeakers," he said.
>
> He said muezzins, who deliver the prayer call, would not be out of a job,
as
> they could re-train as imams, which are currently in short supply.
>
> Two of Egypt's top clerics have said the initiative does not contravene
> Islamic law.
>
> "It is religiously legitimate... that the city has one prayer call," Grand
> Mufti Ali Gomoa said in a statement.
>
> He pointed out that some countries, such as Turkey, have unified the
prayer
> call in each city.
>
> "We have a kind of disorganisation and contradictions in the voices of the
> prayer callers that hurt the sentiments of the Muslims," former Mufti
Nasser

yg Lebih Baik, in Commonality & Shared Destiny. www.ppi-india.org

> Mohon Perhatian:
>
> 1. Harap tdk. memposting/reply yg menyinggung SARA (kecuali sbg otokritik)
> 2. Pesan yg akan direply harap dihapus, kecuali yg akan dikomentari.
> 3. Lihat arsip sebelumnya, www.ppi-india.da.ru;
> 4. Satu email perhari: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 5. No-email/web only: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 6. kembali menerima email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this communication is intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others
authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential, legally privileged
information or otherwise protected by law from disclosure and is intended
solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient you
are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any
action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful. Unless otherwise specifically stated by the sender, any
documents or views presented are solely those of the sender and do not
constitute official documents or views of  PT Apexindo Pratama Duta Tbk. If you
received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender or our email
administrator at [EMAIL PROTECTED] and delete it from your system. Thank you.

Give the gift of life to a sick child.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/lGEjbB/6WnJAA/E2hLAA/BRUplB/TM