http://www.arabnews.com/?page=1&section=0&article=64629&d=31&m=5&y=2005&pix=kingdom.jpg&category=Kingdom

            Tuesday, 31, May, 2005 (22, Rabi` al-Thani, 1426)

                  Two Weeks On, No Clues About Cause of Maid's Death
                  Maha Akeel, Arab News

                  JEDDAH, 31 May 2005 - It is not yet clear how an Indonesian
maid died two weeks ago in her employer's house in Al-Naeem district of north
Jeddah.

                  When Arab News contacted the Indonesian Consulate last week
for information, it had none even though the death had occurred several days
earlier. After the consulate checked with the police station, it was able to
confirm the woman's death.

                  "Our staff met the lieutenant at Salama police station and
confirmed that the dead maid was Indonesian. We are now waiting for the autopsy
as we monitor the investigation everyday," Taufiqur Rijal, consul for consular
affairs at the Indonesian Consulate in Jeddah , told Arab News.

                  Residents in the neighborhood told Arab News that they
believed the woman had hanged herself. The consul, however, said, "Until we
know all the facts, we cannot say how she died - suicide, accident or something
else. Our lawyer is following the case and if the report indicates something
wrong occurred, it will be our responsibility to take appropriate action."

                  No member of the consular staff has been allowed to see the
woman's body; the consulate has written a letter to the Saudi Foreign Ministry
requesting permission to see the body. The consul has no information on the
woman other than her name which was provided by her employer. The consul said,
"We are trying to contact the Indonesian agent to get the contact number of the
Saudi agent and the police are also trying to locate him. We have already
informed her family in Indonesia through the Indonesian Labor Department which
has a record of her with some data."

                  Apparently, the woman initially worked in Jizan but for some
reason, she returned to her agent in Jeddah who then found her a new sponsor
only 13 days before her death. The police questioned the new sponsor and his
wife; neighbors say they were absent from their house for four days after the
death but that they are back now with a new maid.

Ever feel sad or cry for no reason at all?
Depression. Narrated by Kate Hudson.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/LLQ_sC/esnJAA/E2hLAA/BRUplB/TM

Lebih Baik, in Commonality & Shared Destiny. www.ppi-india.org

3. Lihat arsip sebelumnya, www.ppi-india.da.ru;