http://www.tehrantimes.com/Description.asp?Da=7/24/2005&Cat=2&Num=008

Thousands of academics call on Khatami to end nuclear suspension

Tehran Times Political Desk
TEHRAN -- In a letter to President Mohammad Khatami on Saturday, over 13,000
university professors and scholars called on the government not to waste time
in nuclear talks with Europe.

"We expect the Islamic Republic not to allow any further delay in the lifting
of the suspension of uranium enrichment," the letter read.

The academics noted that Iran would not trade its indigenous nuclear technology
for anything and called on the government to defend the country's scientific
credibility and national pride.

"Undoubtedly, the enemies of Iran's great nation cannot bear to see such
scientific progress and intend to deprive Iran of its national wealth through
various conspiracies and threats. "The political pressure imposed on Iran by
the United States and its European allies is along these lines, but Iran has
always cooperated appropriately with the International Atomic Energy Agency
within the framework of the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty." Stressing Iran's
obvious right to gain access to nuclear technology meant for peaceful purposes,
the academics said, "We will not bargain about our national interests with
anyone in the world."

The signatories also declared in their letter that experience shows that they
should not expect the IAEA to adopt an unbiased approach and to reprimand the
U.S., Britain, and France for violating the terms of the NPT and facilitating
the Zionist regime's nuclear weapons program.

Lebih Baik, in Commonality & Shared Destiny. http://www.ppi-india.org

3. Reading only, http://dear.to/ppi