Destruction of Lebanon July 2006

Something that we can do - please, if you can, copy,
insert your address (including email), insert the
date, sign, and mail the letter below.

The International Criminal Court will have to respond
to each signatory.

FROM:

(Type your name and address here)

The Office of the Prosecutor,
International Criminal Court
PO Box 19519
2500CM, The Hague
The Netherlands

Tel.: +31 70 515 85 15 or
Fax: +31 70 515 85 55
e-mail address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

July 2006

Dear Sir or
Madam,

I understand that under the Rome Statute members of
the Public may refer to your attention alleged major
war crimes for investigation and possible
prosecution.

I note that under the Rome Statute you are empowered
to consider such crimes. I further note that the very
existence of your court helps to prevent such crimes
by serving notice that these cannot in future be
carried out with total impunity.

I note that the Rome Statute directs your
consideration to "the most serious crimes of
international concern," and that Article 8 of the
above Statute stipulates: "The Court shall have
jurisdiction in respect of war crimes in particular
when committed as part of a plan or policy or as part
of a large-scale commission of such crimes.
"Furthermore that 'for the purposes of this Statute,
"war crimes" means ...(iv) 'Extensive destruction ...
not justified by military necessity and carried out
unlawfully and wantonly." And that furthermore "other
serious violations" include
"intentionally directing attacks against civilian
objects, that is, objects
which are not military objectives,"

I further note that these actions are, as the Statute
requires, part of a "plan". Israeli military
authorities have publicly stated this, saying
their plan requires many more days or weeks of
continuing military action and destruction. Their plan
has already resulted in what the Lebanese
government have called a 'catastrophe' inflicted on
their civilian population, one that is continuing to
create havoc and grave suffering, driving hundreds of
thousands from their homes, destroying much of the
civilian infrastructure of Lebanon.

I am therefore convinced that these crimes meet the
requirements for action of the Rome Statute. I thus
urgently ask that you immediately initiate
research with a view to seeing if a prosecution is
called for, into the current devastating bombing and
shelling of the state of Lebanon, including
of its roads and road traffic, power stations,
airports and sea ports, bridges and homes, by the
political and military leadership of the State of
Israel.

I further request that if you decide to consider this,
you make this immediately public. I ask in the hope
that this will help in a small way to deter further
crimes and help bring about a cessation of the current

hostilities.

I am persuaded that, given your previous actions
relating to war crimes committed elsewhere, no
politician or general engaged in war crimes would
wish to be submitted to your scrutiny.

I am aware that the State of Israel signed the Statute
setting up your court.

I look forward to your response,

With respect

(Type your name here )

(Type your e-mail address here.)

(insert your own name here, change the date
appropriately, then print out and mail to the Court.
It is better to fax it than e-mail).

http://mail.yahoo.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/BRUplB/TM

3. Reading only, http://dear.to/ppi