Refleksi: Tiap tahun  jutaan orang  berbagai bangsa datang melakukan ibadah
agama ke Arab Saudia, tetapi mungkin , teristimewa dari Indonesia tidak
mengetahui  ada  diskriminasi dan rasisme. Diskriminasi dan rasisme ini mungkin
juga dialami oleh para TKI/TKI.  Apa komentar  Anda tentang diskriminasi dan
rasisme di Arab Saudia?

http://www.arabnews.com/?page=1&section=0&article=123023&d=30&m=5&y=2009

            Saturday 30 May 2009 (05 Jumada al-Thani 1430)

      A journey that seeks to end discrimination
      Laura Bashraheel | Arab News

      JEDDAH: Two Saudi men have undertaken a journey that will take them
across the Kingdom in a four-wheel-drive vehicle during two months. They are on
a campaign to tackle issues of discrimination and tribal racism.

      Hussein Al-Mansour and Ali Al-Hamzan have been sponsored by Prince
Mishaal bin Abdul Aziz, chairman of the Allegiance Commission, to tour Saudi
Arabia's 13 provinces in a vehicle carrying the slogans "No to Discrimination,
No to Racism" and "Our Loyalty and Belonging is to Saudi Arabia." The vehicle
will also carry pictures of Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah and
Crown Prince Sultan.

      "We will meet governors, ministers, tribal chiefs, educated people, media
personnel, businessmen and people from all strata of the society," said
Al-Mansour. "Our goal is to get everyone in the society talking about this
issue. Princes will give their opinions, journalists will give their viewpoints
and citizens will share their perceptions," he added.

      "Discrimination and racism are dangerous," said Al-Mansour, adding that
they affect cohesion.

      Al-Mansour and Al-Hamzan came up with the idea of touring the Kingdom
after King Abdullah called for countries in the region to end their differences
at the Kuwait summit. The two presented their plans to Prince Mishaal who
offered his support

      Al-Mansour and Al-Hamzan's journey was approved by the higher authorities
and the Ministry of Interior.

      More than 130 students belonging to two different tribes recently fought
pitched battles inside a high school in Taif. It is these types of attitudes
that the two campaigners want to discuss with people.

      Al-Mansour and Al-Hamzan define racism as intolerance of a particular
ideology or class, and the tribal, religious and social marginalization of
others. "We want to show how bad it is ... the trip is aimed at gauging
everyone's opinion," said Al-Mansour. The pair will also carry with them a
notebook for people to jot down their opinions. The notebook will, at the end
of the trip, be handed to Prince Mishaal who will present it to King Abdullah.

      "This trip might not be the solution but it's an invitation to work on
curbing racism," Al-Mansour added. "Saudi society loves to be part of solutions
... if we give them immediate solutions, they won't accept them," he said,
adding that Prince Mishaal will give his final opinion at the end of the trip.

      The two believe that the media have an important role to play. "Tribal
leaders are crucial in ending racism among tribes," said Al-Mansour.

      The trip was supposed to begin in mid-March, but this was not possible
due to the two not being able to get legal permits.

      "We aim to meet Prince Khaled Al-Faisal. He is not only a governor; he is
a poet, a painter and a politician. He is an influential character," they said.

      They added that they expect the people of Jeddah to be the most
responsive. "We expect people of Jeddah would respond in a better way than any
other place ... we will receive more understanding from its people," said
Al-Mansour.

      Al-Hamzan and Al-Mansour said they do not wish to miss out on any sector
of Saudi society. "If we ignored any category, we would be guilty of racism,"
said Al-Mansour with a smile.

      The two will cover in their journey - Makkah, Al-Baha, Jazan, Asir,
Najran, Tabuk, Al-Jouf, Hail, Qassim, Madinah, Riyadh, Eastern Province and
Northern Frontier.