http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2009/07/19/ngruki-islamic-school-denies-jakarta-bomber-its-alumnus.html

Ngruki Islamic school denies Jakarta bomber is its alumnus
The Jakarta Post ,  Jakarta   |  Sun, 07/19/2009 4:47 PM  |  National

Vice Dean of the Ngruki Islamic boarding school Muhammad Sholeh Ibrahim denied
on Sunday that Nur Hasbi or Nurdin Azin, one of two bombers at the JW Marriot
and Ritz-Carlton hotels, graduated from the school.

"We never had him as a student," he said as quoted by Tempointeraktif.com

He called on Indonesian Moslem Movement chairman Abdurrahman Assegaf to
withdraw his statement and apologize to the school.

"Otherwise, we will take a necessary legal action," he said.

However, Sydney Jones, director of the International Crisis Group earlier also
said Nur Hasbi was a friend of Asmar Latin Sani, a suicide bomber in the first
Marriot bombing in 2003.

They both graduated from the Ngruki Islamic boarding school in Solo, Central
Java, in 1995, she said.