http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/world/2010-02/13/c_13174332.htm

      Indonesia tells Iran to uphold commitment on nuclear non-proliferation

      JAKARTA, Feb. 13 (Xinhua) -- Indonesia supports Iran's right to develop
its nuclear program for peaceful purposes but asks the country to uphold its
commitment to nuclear non-proliferation, the Jakarta Post quoted a minister as
saying on Saturday.

      "Commitment to nuclear non-proliferation and the right to obtain nuclear
power for peaceful purposes go hand in hand. You cannot take one and exclude
the other. They are integrated responsibilities and rights, not one at the
expense of another," Foreign Minister Marty Natalegawa told the daily on the
sidelines of a function to commemorate the National Day of Iran on Thursday.

      Marty said that Indonesia would seek opportunities to bridge the
hostilities between the West and Iran.

      "We have a good relation with both Iran and the West. We believe they
want to establish good relation with each other and Indonesia can help bridge
communication between them," he said.

      Iran is facing new United Nations' sanctions following a stalemate in
negotiations with the West over sending uranium to be enriched abroad to
develop higher grade material for its nuclear reactor.