Ok, I will try to describe.

I use the following version:
PPower4 version 0.8.x-SP-beta5
Copyright (C) 1999, 2000 Klaus Guntermann, FG SP, TU Darmstadt
PPower4 is free software; see the source for copying conditions.
There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS
FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

I use esopic. When I add things to the ShipoutPicture with some
pauses in it, when there are more levels on this page
than on the preceding page, I get the following error message
from Acrobat:
document (14).

And the last level of the preceding page (Here, it is some bit of
mathematics) appears, and disappears after accepting the error.

This doesn't depend of the thing added. Just pauses in shipoutpicture.

Any hint ?