Hello!

I have seen a kind of animation using the texpower style fyle!
in texmf\doc\latex\texpower folder there is examples with this!

The package which able the "pageduration" command is the hyperref and non
need ppower4 a priori.

Elsewhere, I made a very non usual way for "play" something. But, yet, I
stress that, animations in the latex compiled files could not produce the
desired format as obtained from powerpoint facilities. However, yet, without
find a best way to do it using the ppower4 facilities.

I have been seen too a kind of private distribution (a fee to get the
package) from "utopia" company (?) and they use a special package to
permit "open" external files in various format previously created
like .mpeg .gif and more. I think that it is possible to do without pay, but
they found a way to pay their counts, with a thing which born to be a free
distribution, but...

I think that the problem with the animations in latex and tex distributions
in general is the dependence on the "clock" of the machine which will depend
upon your processor speed. For example, if you have a computer with 1Ghz the
minimum step of the command

\pdfpageduration (renewed by most users to \pageDuration)

is 0.01 seconds. So it can be very good performed by a machine with that
configuration but not the same would be observed in a, e.g, 800MHz, what to
say of a 400MHz. The powerpoint like presentations don´t have this kin of
dependence on the machine clock and I think that this would be the challenge
for the latex programmers to find a way to "disentangle" this.

But, I may be wrong on my asertions!

I hope that this helps in some way!

Best Regards!

Pablo.