Hello "Stephan Grupp" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>!

In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
on 11/04/08
at 11:37 AM,
   "Stephan Grupp" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

>I have a Dell workstation with 2 processors (quad Xeons, total 8 cores,
>4GB of RAM). Empirically, I have found that the "breakeven" point is 5
>instances of Prime 95 - if I go past 5 instances, I lose so much
>iteration time on all running instances that my total throughput drops.

Approximately same thing on 2*xQuadCore HP. I use 4 threads only. No big
difference with V25, but, if You like faster check - you can just test 2
exponents with 2 threads each (yes, a bit throughput loss, but just a bit,
i have 0.030-0.031s for "single thread" and 0.016s for two-treaded check)

\____Cat
/\  /\