> I went to build the 25.11 executables with libcurl staticly linked in using
> -Wl,-Bstatic -lcurl.
> Debian linux 64-bit - no problems.  FreeBSD - no problems.  Debian linux
> 32-bit - no luck.
>
> I can dynamic link just fine.  64-bit Linux uses libcurl 7.15 package.
> 32-bit linux uses libcurl 7.18.
> I tried downloading the latest libcurl sources (7.19) and things got even
> worse.  I tried configuring
> without ssl, ssh2, etc.  No luck - I'm not much of a linux expert.
>
> Ideas anyone?

Hi George,

I'm not sure your problem is the one I sometimes see with Linux.

Let say a program requires a lib named ALib.720 and that only ALib.715 is
present on the machine, though my program does not need what's new in ALib.720
and though ALib.720 contains everything that ALib.715 provides. Dynamically
linking my program fails since a file named ALib.720 is missing.
Then it is enough to copy ALib.715 in a file named ALib.720 : my program
dynamically links perfectly.
I think I did this for mprime. But probably for a RedHat version.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Tony

 Créez votre adresse électronique prenom....@laposte.net
 1 Go d'espace de stockage, anti-spam et anti-virus intégrés.