George,

Thank you for your email and your interest. In fact, Mersenne primes
are far larger than the numbers you are describing. A Mersenne prime
greater than 10 to the 19th power was discovered in 1883; since the
computer age, we have discovered many more: the largest two known
Mersenne primes, both discovered last year, are greater than 10 to the
12 millionth power.
I don't think there are any prizes for prime numbers of the size you
are describing: you are only talking about numbers in the billions to
trillions range.

Regards,

Ian
--
Ian W Halliday, BA Hons, SA Fin, MIMIS, ATMG, CL