On 14 Mar 2014 19:47, "Paul Tarvydas" <paultarvy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 14-03-14 12:57 PM, Pascal J. Bourguignon wrote:
>
> I'm writing diagram-compilers that emit CL.  It seems to me that each
emitted lump of code should be in it's own package.  Am I thinking about
this "wrong"?

It's not wrong to have each piece of code in its own package. However, the
proper way to do so is to forget about in-package and use intern to produce
the needed symbols (see Pascal's example). In-package affects the reader,
while macros produce code, with no further reading involved.

> I also have similar issues using a PEG parser (a PEG syntax for esrap)
inside a keyboard macro https://github.com/guitarvydas/paraphrase .  This
allows me to use prolog syntax directly within a CL program, which
macro-expands to lisp forms.