Dear fellow Lisp programmers

I am a researcher at the Sony Computer Science Laboratories Paris, and together
with the VUB Artificial Intelligence Laboratory in Brussels we have developed
an open source framework in Common Lisp for conducting experiments on language
evolution (see https://gitlab.ai.vub.ac.be/ehai/babel-core
<https://gitlab.ai.vub.ac.be/ehai/babel-core> and
https://emergent-languages.org/ <https://emergent-languages.org/>) under the
Apache 2.0 license. One of the systems in this framework is Fluid Construction
Grammar, a platform for developing natural language grammars for parsing and
generation. We use LispWorks for our development, but also ensure compatibility
with sbcl.

I am currently looking for a Lisp consultant who can help us out for developing
in the first place a few free-to-use apps, and if the collaboration is
successful, perhaps work on a more ambitious project on refactoring the code,
developing additional tools, and reviving some art-science projects we’ve done
in the past.

The app for which I am currently looking a consultant involves a ready-to-use
editor for Fluid Construction Grammar: we often organise ateliers for teaching
students how to write grammars in Fluid Construction Grammar, but we always
lose time on getting people to install Lisp + other dependencies. We would
therefore like to have an editor that already has an image of our software
working. I created one myself using LispWorks 7.0 for Mac (which you can find
here:
https://github.com/EvolutionaryLinguisticsAssociation/Babel2/wiki/FCG-Editor
<https://github.com/EvolutionaryLinguisticsAssociation/Babel2/wiki/FCG-Editor>)
but it has several bugs/shortcomings and we would like one for supporting
multiple platforms.

You can work from distance for this project, but we prefer consultants that are
sufficiently close to Paris, France for also being able to meet in person
(especially if we move to more ambitious projects).

If you are interested, you can contact me directly at remi.vantr...@sony.com or
remi.vantr...@gmail.com.

Kind regards,

Remi van Trijp
Sony Computer Science Laboratories Paris
https://www.csl.sony.fr/ <https://www.csl.sony.fr/>