Kent Belan wrote:

Hello,
I am trying to create a generic report preview / print form in VFP9.

Has anyone done this and willing to share before I start mine?

Thanks,
Kent

Hi, Kent.

Here's the method I call (created from ProFox tips of the past):

PROCEDURE ShowReport(tcRpt as String, tcCaption as String, tlSkipPreview as Logical, tlSkipPrompt as Logical) * mjb 01-24-05 using Fred Taylor's idea for showing report inside max window (courtesy ProFox archives)
* mjb 04-04-06 added tlSkipPreview and tlSkipPrompt clauses
   LOCAL loFrm as Form, loException as Exception
   CLEAR && mjb 04-12-06 get rid of any screen echos
   TRY
       IF !tlSkipPreview THEN
           loFrm = CREATEOBJECT("Form")
           WITH loFrm
               .Caption = tcCaption
               .WindowState = 2 && Maximized
               .Show()
               IF !tlSkipPrompt THEN
REPORT FORM (tcRpt) TO PRINTER PROMPT NOCONSOLE PREVIEW WINDOW (.Name)
               ELSE
REPORT FORM (tcRpt) TO PRINTER NOCONSOLE PREVIEW WINDOW (.Name)
               ENDIF && !tlSkipPrompt
           ENDWITH && loFrm
           loFrm.Release()
       ELSE && no preview window (form)
           IF !tlSkipPrompt THEN
               REPORT FORM (tcRpt) TO PRINTER PROMPT NOCONSOLE
           ELSE
               REPORT FORM (tcRpt) TO PRINTER NOCONSOLE
           ENDIF && !tlSkipPrompt
       ENDIF && !tlSkipPreview
CATCH TO loException
       MESSAGEBOX(loException.Message,16,"Problem generating report.")
   ENDTRY
ENDPROC && ShowReport(tcRpt as String, tcCaption as String, tlSkipPreview as Logical, tlSkipPrompt as Logical)

--
Michael J. Babcock, MCP
MB Software Solutions, LLC