> Oh we aren't doing you a favour, wait till you start writing the code ;)

Well, on that same subject ...

The requirement is to update VFP tables from an XML source. However, I
can't get the XML into VFP natively. XMLTOCURSOR(), XMLAdapter, West
Wind ... none of them work, they all die with the same error to do with
code pages.

However I have written a 5-line C# program that dumps the XML into a
DataSet and that *does* work. No codepage palaver.

So as I see it the choices are:

(1) Write a COM DLL in .NET with an interface that can be used to
extract data that VFP can work with. Or maybe just to render all the
nested tables in the DataSet to seperate flat XML files that VFP *can*
understand.

(2) Write a little Windows Forms EXE that just takes the XML and
populates the VFP tables via OLEDB.

I'm tending towards (2) because I get the feeling that (1) would be
fiddly, possibly unsupported by Microsoft and difficult to deploy to the
5 sites that would be using it. Yes?

--
  Alan Bourke
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]