Dave,

I haven't downloaded your Beta yet, so I'm not sure how you implemented
this. But I had a notion to look back on this today. I think I have a
possible solution:

   oFrm = CREATEOBJECT("cFrm")
   oFrm.Show()
   READ EVENTS

   DEFINE CLASS cFrm as Form
   allowoutput = .F.
   showtips = .T.

   ADD OBJECT lbl1 as Label WITH Caption = "Hello World", ToolTipText =
"Double click to edit"
   ADD OBJECT txt1 as textbox WITH value = "Hello World", Visible = .F.

   ADD OBJECT txt2 as textbox WITH top = 40

   PROCEDURE Destroy
      CLEAR EVENTS
   ENDPROC

   PROCEDURE Init
      THIS.lbl1.AddProperty("DragStart",0)
   ENDPROC
   PROCEDURE lbl1.MouseDown
      LPARAMETERS nButton, nShift, nXCoord, nYCoord
      IF nButton = 1 AND SECONDS()-THIS.DragStart> _dblclick
         THIS.Drag(1)
         THIS.DragStart = SECONDS()
      ENDIF
   ENDPROC

   PROCEDURE lbl1.DblClick
      THISForm.txt1.Visible = .T.
      THISFORM.txt1.SetFocus()
      THIS.Visible = .F.
   ENDPROC

   PROCEDURE lbl1.MouseUp
      LPARAMETERS nButton, nShift, nXCoord, nYCoord
      THIS.Drag(0)
   ENDPROC

   PROCEDURE txt1.LostFocus
      THISFORM.lbl1.Caption = THIS.Value