> Seriously, no kidding, helping people who hate us makes no
> sense at all.

If you peel the onion, you'll get to the "foreign policies" layer, and
then if you keep going, you'll get to the "attitude" layer at the
center.

> There are plenty of deserving Americans who
> need the help just as much.  With all the illiteracy, drugs,
> violence, illigitimacy, etc. in the inner city schools, seems
> to me we should be spending our money there.

We are. Nobody is starving to death here. Beyond basic sustenance, what
people really need is hope, opportunity and leadership that focuses on
building and sharing. The universe has unlimited resources begging to be
tapped. If we look at it that way, we'll never be wanting for anything.
The question I would ask is "why aren't we looking at it that way?"

Bill