From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  On Behalf
Of Tristan Leask
Sent:   Monday, June 26, 2006 7:41 AM
To:     profox@leafe.com
Subject:        RE: [NF] Amateur Radio Enthusiasts

I was just trying to find out some information.  As I said (ages ago) my
Granddad was into this kind of stuff.  He passed away a couple of months
ago and we have found a bit of info on him by googling his call sign
(G3IYX)

http://www.bnr.bg/RadioBulgaria/Emission_English/Theme_DX_Programme/Mate
rial/dx265.htm

Being that I know nothing about this stuff, I wondered what this
meant...

"undertook the first-ever transistor QSO"

Cheers

Tristan