On 6/29/06, David Crooks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Stupid question of the day:
Why doesn't FILE('c:\windows\system32\vfpodbc.dll') work?
I even did a ?FILE(GETFILE()) to find the vfpodbc.dll in the
c:\windows\system32 directory and it returned .f..  Any ideas?  TIA!

Because the file has an attribute that causes the underlying OS to lie
about the file existance. I've seen this before with System attribute
files, too, as well as Hidden. Something akin to the Microsoft dialog
"Microsoft in its infinite wisdom thinks you're too stupid to see the
file in this folder, as you might do something dumb like delete them.
Since we 'Softies are a superior race and you Morts have no clue,
we're benevolently trying to save you from yourselves and the sharp
little edges of the OS. However, if you are foolish enough to think
you know what you are doing, click here to see the files."

I love being dissed by my vendors.

Try:

? ADIR(laFIle,GETENV("SystemRoot")+'\system32\vfpodbc.dll',"S")

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC