I made a reply about VFP's 64 bit future, but then my mail server went down so I missed out on any subsequent replys. I haven't had a chance to research the leafe.com archives.

#-------------------------------------
*Q: Are there plans for Visual FoxPro to support 64-bit versions of the Windows operating system?
*
A: No. While Visual FoxPro will remain 32-bit and not natively use 64-bit addressing, it will run in 32-bit compatibility mode. Visual Studio 2005 supports creating native 64-bit applications.*
*
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vfoxpro/productinfo/faq/default.aspx

or

http://tinyurl.com/qzhln

#----------------------------------

Regards,

LelandJ

Profox wrote:

I'm not sure of the name of their application, but it involved
Asterisk.

I saw a demo of Asterisk last month, and it was pretty impressive. I
wouldn't be surprised if there were challenges recompiling all that
source, especially obscure telephony drivers, to support 64-bit. And
there are few apps that actually benefit from the 64-bit OS at this
point. I hear the 32-bit versions of the OS do run well on the new
processors, though.

I was impressed with what I saw. My client is setting up a
VOIP business here in Atlanta because bandwidth is so cheap.

My point in mentioning was to counter Leland's complaint that
VFP wasn't being ported to 64Bit.

Jim Eddins