Madigan,

> Well I'll have to find it in the archives now.  I
> thought you were feuding with some neighbor about
> something.

1) that was a different neighbor.
2) we have not been and are not now instigators.
3) they sold their parcel.

It boils down to trying to get work done out here so we can get our house
built and people having odd ideas of what property ownership is. They get
the idea that an "easement" on their property leaves them with control when
in fact it is a public right of way. Without the road easement being
assigned we can't get to our parcel and can't get power brought through.

The easement gives us a legal right to drive across land that someone else
"owns", but they do not have control over it and do not pay taxes on it. The
ownership is more or less in name only, but until they realize they're
driving on roads that are on easements through a whole lot of other people's
properties they don't quite get it.

Most people have never looked at the parcel maps for their suburban tract
homes so when they buy rural property they get confused about what they
bought and sometimes they get very weird. Our two confused neighbors both
came out from suburbia in Orange County.

Fortunately, the house is now under construction. I can feel the stress
releasing from my neck and shoulders each day even as the size of the
mortgage increases while it is built. This has been an incredibly stressful
project for both of us, but I think worse for me than for Steve.

-- Kris
www.shamrocktrails.com