I have Windows running Apache2.2/Perl 5.8. I have httpd.conf and
extra\httpd-vhosts.conf setup so I can use named virtual hosts
with the same IP - presently hosting 12 domains on one computer with plans to
expand to many more.

I have a web page with a form that captures an ID & Psw and passes them to a
perl script that looks up the id/psw in a text file
and if there, checks the same id against a 'used' text file with ids that have
already been used, if not there, I allow it to be
used and put the id in the 'used' file. etc.etc.

I would like to look this stuff up in a Fox database and interact with a vfp9
program running on the same machine as I am a good
fox programmer (since 1988), but a beginner with perl and it is frustrating to
get anything done.

There was a recent thread about west wind some a couple of others. I tried to
research those but ran out of time. I am looking for
something quick to get me going and I can expand it in the future.

I am looking for suggestions.