> > The VFP9 doc is pretty clear, so I think it's worth a try unless
> > there's a better suggestion (then "do it in .NET", of course <g>).
> Bill the thread is to Create a WS.  Seems that VFP &
> Server2003 don't work well together.

Windows 2003 server changes things from Windows 2000 server.

(Side note: Of course things would change. So many vulnerabilities. Gotta change things around to make it 'look' like you plugged the holes. And changing things also gives 'justification' words for MS-dead-heads to say '....see ya gotta do it MS's way...').

There was a setting somewhere in IIS which had to be turned 'on' to allow certain other file types (apart from asp? or aspx?) to be invoked on a web site. That's probably 1 issue. I have a West-Wind Webconnection application which I moved from winsrv 2000 to winsrv 2003. WWWC of course, uses a .dll. It wouldn't work until I tracked down that stupid setting and changed it.

So, wrong again, VFP seems to work fine on Win 2003 server (once you understand what MS changed.... again).

And, by the way, I have various config files that I use which allow my systems to work with the server and other networked servers with no problems. Of course, I do NOT use 'standard' MS config files. Maybe that's why mine works..... ?

> Doing it in .NET is pretty simple, and the sig of the
> requestor says .NET developer.  Go figure why I said to do it there.

Be that as it may, the question wasn't posed to a .NET group, it was
asked of a VFP group. I'll take that as a hint that a VFP solution is
being sought and that the solution might be helpful to others who are
using VFP. We are interested in getting the most out of, if not
advancing, VFP, are we not?

Bill, remember that Steve is an MS-dead-head. He really likes .Net and MS SQL Server and likes to bash VFP.

Steve, why are you still on this list again? If just you like posting jokes and stuff, why not keep your posts to NF and OT. We all 'get' that you used to use VFP, that you're into .Net and MS SQL server now, that you think VFP is oh so out of date, that everything we do here is so 'old hat'. IMO, Bill is right about this list: we're here to offer solutions in VFP - we are here to foster and advance VFP. So, Steve, you're obviously not in agreement with that concept so why remain, and post, on the list? I'm trying to understand. Every now and then a SQL Server question does arise and you provide feedback. But since you don't really use VFP much anymore, why keep posting to VFP questions?

-Charlie