In Oracle 9i(?), I was able to write stored procedure where I simply referenced
the field behind the parameter/variable, thus telling Oracle the type and
length implicitly (as it would look it up instead of me hardcoding it).  For
example, cName as Customers.cName   instead of saying   cName varchar(20).

Is there an equivalent in SQL Server?  I'm looking at BOL now but thought I'd
ask in the interim.

Thanks!
--Mike