> Guys,
> I have a requirement from one of our suppliers to access
> their AS400 to upload delivery document details into an AS400
> mainframe.
>
> Currently a VPN is used with an emulator (it looks like it is
> Tun Plus they use aor a b*stardised verion of it which an
> operator simply keys data into 24x80 standard DOS like screen
> application.
>
> What I want to do to avoid this rekeying is to pipe the
> information into the program from our VFP application, thus
> emulating operator input. Has anyone out there done this
> before and if so what approach did they use. I know I could
> in effect write a VFP terminal emulator and I have a load of
> possible solutions flying around in my head, but wondered if
> anyone knwe of an emulator you can interface with from VFP or
> if there was an all VFP solution. The link to the AS400 is via a VPN.

Dave, it was long ago, but I did something like this with the Attachmate
Extra 3270 emulator to transfer files between Access and OS390. You
definitely want to use an emulator because the 3270 data stream is too
hairy to mess with. A quick search on "windows 3270 emulator" brings up
a large list of possibilities, and I see Attachmate Extra is still
there, but it might not be the best choice anymore.
http://www.networkcomputing.com/610/610rev1.html has some emulator
reviews from last year. Maybe something more current can be found.

Funny, but the thing I remember having problems that DOEVENTS solved, so
watch for this.

I think it was IND$FILE that I used for file transfers (search "ind$file
as400")

Bill