-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Ed Leafe
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2006 10:40
To: ProFox Email List
Subject: Re: [OT] Re: VFP Keyword Jeopardy (37)

On Jul 27, 2006, at 10:37 AM, Hal Kaplan wrote:

> I did not include the word "United" in my opinion of country names.
> It means exactly what it says, an unspecified number of states that
> have come together to form a single unit on the continent commonly
> known as America.
>
> What, pray, tell, am I missing here Ed?  What do you think my opinion
> means?

        I'm sorta agreeing with you. The sweet-sounding names usually
mean that the country isn't quite what it claims to be. And it's pretty
ironic that this country is anything but "United", with half of it
regarding the other half as "traitors" for having different opinions on
things.

-- Ed Leafe

Ed, I think we are united despite our differences of opinion(s).  And I
think your "half and half" assessment is a bit misleading.  IMHO, the
"half and half" only applies to a very, very, very small number of
Americans who are aware of what is going on and have opinions.  I
believe our society has been dumbed-down by a host of external forces
over the last century to the point of near-ignorance.  I don't know if
this was intentional, but there is certainly no effort by the
powers-that-be to reverse it.

HALinNY