From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Christof Wollenhaupt
Posted At: 28 July 2006 10:08
Posted To: Profox Archive
Conversation: Subversion and VFP9
Subject: RE: Subversion and VFP9

Hi Tristan,

> Have you ever use Paul McNett's scX?

I never came around to, even though I downloaded several versions. From
what
I heard from others it's very solid and well working. The reason I wrote
my
own tool is that I used CVS and TwoFox before Paul published scX.

> I didn't see any references to a project hook in order to make it
easier
to to do all the xmlgen for you.

I don't use a project hook because I don't trust them. <s> I always
would
fear that the project hook went away (CLEAR ALL, etc.) and my files
wouldn't
be converted after I editied them. Guess with age comes paranoia. <g>

scX generates text files as you work (if I'm not mistaken). TwoFox only
does
so when you call it which is usually the case when you either commit
changes
or want to diff files. Normally this is no more than a few dozens time a
day. Considering that it takes only seconds to go through most projects
(3
seconds for tastrade.pjx on my machine) that was fast enough for me. A
commit requires me to view the differences of all modified files, write
sensisble comment for the change log and preferably run the unit test.
All
these tasks take longer than generating text files.

Just in case... xmlGen runs through the entire project. You only have to
call it once per project, not once for every modified file. Files that
haven't been modified are skipped automatically.

--
Christof