On 8/9/06, mrgmhale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have fond memories of Turbo
> Pascal and Turbo C from years ago.

Same here, plus their ground-breaking Sidekick application.  I used Sidekick
for so many things.  Imagine how thrilled I was when in DOS I was able to
copy and paste data between applications via Sidekick, even if I did have to
unload Wordstar from RAM, load up SuperCalc, then paste the data residing in
Sidekick.  I loved using Sidekick for managing my contacts, the calendar,
etc.  It was the first DOS TSR (Terminate and Stay Resident) application I
licensed.  I enjoyed using Turbo-Pascal, but once I got into dBase III
(later III+), I never looked back.  Ah, the memories....

Also used Sidekick too.

Someone at college (probably me) figgered out how to write TSRs in
Turbo Pascal so we set about writing stupid programs that would eat
screen characters or do play noises when you hit certain keys.

--
Paul