An atheist was taking a walk through the woods, admiring all that the evolution
had created. "What majestic trees! What powerful rivers! What beautiful
animals!", he said to himself.

As he was walking alongside the river he heard a rustling in the bushes behind
him. He turned to look. He saw a 7-foot grizzly charge towards him. He ran as
fast as he could up the path. He looked over his shoulder and saw that the bear
was closing.

He ran even faster, so scared that tears were coming to his eyes. He looked
over his shoulder again, and the bear was even closer. His heart was pumping
frantically and he tried to run even faster. He tripped and fell on the ground.
He rolled over to pick himself up but saw the bear right on top of him,
reaching for him with his left paw and raising his right paw to strike him.

At that instant the Atheist cried out "Oh my God!...."
Time stopped.
The bear froze.
The forest was silent.
Even the river stopped moving.

As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came out of the sky, "You deny my
existence for all of these years; teach others I don't exist; and even credit
creation to a cosmic accident. Do you expect me to help you out of this
predicament? Am I to count you as a believer?"

The atheist looked directly into the light "It would be hypocritical of me to
suddenly ask You to treat me as Christian now, but perhaps could you make the
bear a Christian?"

"Very well," said the voice.
The light went out.
The river ran again.
And the sounds of the forest resumed.
And then the bear dropped his right paw ..... brought both paws
together...bowed his head and spoke:

"Lord, for this food which I am about to receive, I am truly thankful...AMEN!"

Rob Anderson
Senior Software Engineer
Pegasus Software Ltd, Orion House, Orion Way, Kettering, Northamptonshire. NN15
6PE.
Direct Line: 01536 495205 T: 01536 495000 F: 01536 495001
W: http://www.pegasus.co.uk E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Pegasus Software Limited is a member of the Systems Union Group plc

Registered Office:  Systems Union House, 1 Lakeside Road, Aerospace Centre,
Farnborough, Hampshire GU14 6XP  Registered No: 1601542

This e-mail is from Pegasus Software Limited. The e-mail and any files
transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this e-mail
in error you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it.
Please notify the sender by e-mail or telephone.

Pegasus Software Limited utilises an anti-virus system and therefore any files
sent via e-mail will have been checked for known viruses. You are however
advised to run your own virus check before opening any attachments received as
Pegasus Software Limited will not in any event accept any liability whatsoever
once an e-mail and/or any attachment is received.