On 8/9/06, MB Software Solutions <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Aah, but in my scenario, the UI's Init event sets a property ONCE based
upon the BizObj's function result, and hence, the scenario you give
would still mean no changes to the UI.  Hence why I feel that that
served the interface idea instead of implementation.

Okay, if the UI is simply caching the response from the BO, then
storing it as a property on the form makes sense. However, I still
think the BO ought to be a method call rather than a property in an
attempt to balance gold-plating the requirements versus getting it
done.  A BO property like lSuperUser has a binary value (well,
trinary: True, False and NULL) but the world is often filled with more
complex rules than On or Off.

A method call that can initially be coded as RETURN THIS.lSuperUser
but later including other functionality gives you a hook on which to
hang other functionality without any need to change the interface
between the objects. While it's true you can use an lSuperUser_Access
method to extend this, why hide the possibility that code fires when
you can code a method in the first place?

Good discussion, thanks for asking.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC