> !     Support Our Troops!
> !     (At Least Until They Come Home - The Tear Them To Shreds!)
>
> By the way, being a veteran does not mean you are free later
> in life to make absurd, outlandish and opportunistic
> political accusations with impunity. Rep. Murtha isn't merely
> "disagreeing with the war"; his comments and actions go well
> beyond that,

That's right. He wants our troops out of harm's way, and so do a lot of
other people.

This position is honest, as opposed to the idiotic "gradual withdrawal"
non-position some democrats - such as Lamont - are hiding behind because
they're caught in the middle and don't know what else to think.

Let me be perfectly clear: a phased/gradual withdrawal is tantamount to
defeat, and coloring it any way from Sunday isn't going to change that.
The instant such a policy is announced, it will   be greeted by the
enemy as an admission of defeat, and the unfortunate soldiers left
behind as part of this plan would be subject to an energized,
strengthened enemy and an Alamo-like psychology. Merely protecting them
would require significantly increased air strikes and artillery that
would drive up the number of civilian casualties and further reinforce
anti-American sentiments, if that's possible.

Murtha isn't just being honest, his call is for the only plan that makes
any sense at all. The option of winning doesn't exist short of rolling
out the nukes or reactivating the draft and building up and sending in
millions of troops.

In the quest for a middle-of-the-road bandaid, people are being misled
with this talk of gradual withdrawal, as if it offers any hope at all.
And hope for what? The fact is that the gambit to seize authority in the
ME is lost.

The better road is the one that gets our troops out of there and also
seeks justice for the travesty that was committed. Murtha is being
remiss only in that he isn't saying this.

We're not going to rule the ME. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever. The
selfish, greedy fanatics  who sold America on that bill of goods did so
for an agenda that needs to be exposed for exactly what it was, and they
need to face our justice system for the massive crimes they have
committed.

You feel so strongly for the cause? Get yourself a gun and go over there
and get into the fight. And then you can come back and stand alongside
someone like Murtha, because then you'll understand what he's saying.

Bill