http://kennebecjournal.mainetoday.com/news/local/3061299.shtml

- - -

Despite the caricature the so-called "loyal" opposition paints, there
is a real man there who isn't afraid to face the consequences of his
decisions, and doesn't just use people for photo-ops.

I like his politics less today than I used to. I disagree about trade
and fiscal policy with him and modern neo-conservatives generally. I
think we may have blown our wad in Iraq and now find ourselves
hamstrung by new (but predicatable and even predicted) threats from
Iran, Syria/Hezbullah and North Korea. But I always have thought, and
continue to think, that whatever his flaws, he remains a decent
person. This article and many like it I have read in recent months
confirm it.

Of course, one cannot simply disagree politically anymore, and it is
necessary for some people of weak and singularly empassioned minds to
demonize people they disagree with to the point of absurdity.

So be it. It doesn't make it so.

- Bob

multipart/alternative
  text/html