In advance of the 2004 Presidential election, the Bush Administration asked Saudi Arabia, and other oil rich ME countries, to increase production of oil to keep gasoline prices low, at least until after the 2004 Presidential elections, so nothing these guys do would surprise me.

The neo-con will use every dirty trick in the book to maintain their control of the country, including smear campaigns by PACs like "Swift Boat Vets for Truth", release roses reports on the economy, promise massive tax cuts for super contributers, like big corporations and wealth individuals, cook the federal book for accounting purposes to make the national debt and the cost of the war with Iraq appear less than it really is, pressure national mortgage companies to back off variable interest rates, which are killing millions of American with loss of their homes from foreclosures, promise the Radical Religious Righters a theocracy that would give them political power, and terrorize the American people with fear about gathering dangers form other countries around the world.

The American people are so easily terrorized, that just the thought invoked form the term "Islamofascist", whatever that is, is probably enough to swing any undecided voters into the neo-con column come election day.

Americans must be educated that constitutional guarantees of freedom, privacy, and right of due process, are not mutually exclusive of government protection from terrorist (eg the new term is Islamofascism). With a level headed Congress, we can have both constitutional protections and protection against terrorist without the need for "The Long War" that Donald Rumsfeld is selling.

Regards,

LelandJ