=> -----Original Message-----
=> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
=> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Stephen the Cook
=> Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 10:54
=> To: 'ProFox Email List'
=> Subject: RE: [NF] Word 2000 Zero Day Exploit
=>
=> Hal Kaplan <> wrote:
=>
=> > And who decides what is best for whom?  What if someone
=> does not have
=> > the capability to create PDF documents; who will provide the means?
=>
=> You help them out.  :)
=>
=> http://tinyurl.com/on435
=>
=>
=>
=> Stephen Russell

Attention, ALL of YOU!  Please stop being so nice when I am trying to shake
things up a bit.

The issue I am trying to instigate is NOT how to create a PDF on the cheap.
This issue I am trying to instigate is who gives you the right to tell someone
else what is right and what is wrong.  Sure today it's PDF vs. native Word.
But what about tomorrow?  Will it be whether or not to allow abortions?  Will
it be whether or not to allow gay marriages?  What religion to follow?  What
the best BBQ sauce is?   Oh, the list goes on and on and on!

The role of geek is not restricted to computers and technology.  There are
geeks in every discipline.  If you pontificate in your geekdom, you are tacitly
condoning pontification in someone else's geekdom.  And you are going to be
pretty upset when some other geek steps into your geekdom.

Well, you get the picture.

HALinNY