Is it reasonable to expect that WMI will be present on all
workstations/servers from Windows 2000 throught Vista?

Put another way, would WMI ever be intentionally disabled, perhaps due
to misguided security concerns?

Motivation: My applications run in locked down user environments. Is it
'safe' to build code on top of WMI or do I need to go to News2News for
API equivalents?

Thanks,

Malcolm