On Monday, September 25, 2006 11:35 AM Hal Kaplan wrote:

<snipped>  How is that for snippy? <BG>

>Obviously you are not even aware of what you are doing.  The first
thing I learned about coding is
>that if you can't keep your comments nicely aligned, you won't keep
your code nicely aligned, and
>code that is not nicely aligned is bad code because it is difficult to
audit.  These very basic
>truisms are, in fact, the reason that I invented the TAB character ...
to make things nicely aligned.  >But I digress.

I did not realize how important you are since you invented the TAB
character!  Of course, spaces is what God intended for aligning code and
comments so others who read the file and have their TAB stops all wacky
will not see the lovely code.  8-)

David L. Crooks