On Oct 10, 2006, at 12:58 PM, Robert Calco wrote:

Since I made the point vis a vis this movie about Bush's critics having Bush's assassination on their mind to a seriously unhealthy degree, two more incidents (at least) have occurred:

1. Ed Rendell (D) in PA made an analogy between the massacre of innocents in the Amish school and a determined presidential assassin, by way of deflecting calls to increase security at public schools. "If a killer is determined and willing to kill the President, 50 secret service agents can't stop him; he'll get a point-blank shot at the president". Something to that effect. he could have chosen dozens of other analogies. He chose that one.

2. John Kerry joked about killing George Bush on some tonight show. I heard the audio clip in passing while driving the other day, and got the impression it was intended to sound humorous but my point stands.

Here it is:

(In an interview by Bill Maher)

http://www.texasrainmaker.com/2006/10/10/a-metaphor-or-a-fantasy/

[quote] Maher asked [Senator John Kerry] what he
got his wife for her birthday. Kerry said that he
took his wife to a lovely retreat in Vermont.
Begin transcript:

Maher: You could have went to New Hampshire and killed two birds with one stone.

Kerry: Or, I could have gone to 1600 Pennsylvania and
killed the real bird with one stone. [/quote]

Ha. Ha. What a commode-ian.

- Bob