Thanks, I have copied our IT guy so he can put your info to work.

Jim

 -----Original Message-----
From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  On Behalf
Of Dawn Tierno-Culda
Sent:   Tuesday, October 10, 2006 7:45 AM
To:     profox@leafe.com
Subject:        RE: [NF] - SQL- Database Replication

Jim,

I used DATACLAS for our applications talking to SQL.  It has a table that
says what server you should talk to.  When one goes down, I update the table
to talk to the other server.  All users were up and running in 5 minutes
when one of the servers went down.

A word of warning though, if the server that is hosting the replication goes
down, you will need to rebuild it.

Though, I can say I rebuild the replication once a year because it leaves
stuff and the database grows.   I keep saying I am going to do more research
on this go get some sprocs to clean it up better, but never seem to find the
time.

We have been using replication for years.  I think it is a wonderful tool.

Dawn

>Jim Felton <> wrote:
> Dawn, we are looking at SQL 2000 replication right now.  Can it be
> setup to do an automatic roll over to the backup server if the main
> server fails?  -----Original Message-----

they are addressed.
If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the
originator of the message. This footer also confirms that this
e-mail message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses.

states them to be the views of Merle Norman Cosmetics.