Hi Mike

Yes, you are fundamentally correct. 10B+. GB

The previous government decided it would be a good idea if everybody's
health data was kept on one data base.

This was started in 2002, to be finished in 2 years!!!!!

The concept was that you could go to any hospital and they could access
your data. So, for instance , if you were in any hospital because of a
traffic accident they could see you were allergic to penicillin, and
deal with you accordingly.
It was also stated you could choose the time that you wanted to see the
consultant. The Prime Minister (Blair) actually stated this would mean
you could get your appointment to suit your bus timetable!
Your GP, general practitioner,  could also access your info and see what
the consultants were saying about your condition, also see your Xrays etc.

The whole thing is unravelling big time.
The current situation is it will cost 400 Million to finish it, it will
also cost 400 million to cancel it! Which is cheaper, we are well aware
that to continue will cost a dahm site more that 400 M.

I believe only some 3 health districts have gone ahead with it. Most
have bought off the shelf software (USA?) as that appears to work.

The present gov. has stated that any IT project must not cost more than
100 million (GB).

Basically politicians dreamt up a concept and allowed Civil Servants,
who know nothing about software, to being conned by business.

I will get some more info on this if others are interested.

Kind regards

Andrew Stirling
01250 874580
supp...@calcpay.co.uk