At 09:35 PM 10/12/2006 -0500, Stephen the Cook wrote:
I wasn't asking about clients, I was suggesting other people who are also
doing the work, instead of paying for it.  You do associate with other
professionals in your area right?  What are they doing these days?

This whole thread was centered around your old boss's desire to convert an existing VFP system to .Net. I'm not sure where you changed the subject to developers.

But, if you want to talk about developers....

I don't think any of the folks I know that have taken the time to really understand .Net believe it's the end-all answer. If they're sticking with it, it's only because they believe they can bill hours with it. Not that it provides any real technical advantage. But there are a few that are solely focused on web pages and they do believe it's easier to work with than the previous .asp model.

But why are we now talking about developers? You brought this up after you called me biased. Are you saying I'm biased because I didn't jump on the .Net bandwagon? Ok. I'm biased. And you're biased because you jumped on the .Net bandwagon. What did we solve with that? If you're going to ignore 'observations' from others just because they don't do things the way you do them, you're going to repeat mistakes, and offer bad advice, that could have been avoided.

-Charlie