Kent Belan <kbe...@mchsi.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Hope everyone had a great Christmas !!
>
>I have several reports that take a while to run.
>
>I have notices that Windows 7 will report that the program is "Not
>Responding" on these long reports.
>
>If the user clicks on the application, Windows will then show a message
>about program not responding and ask the use the exit or cancel.
>
>Is there anyway to tell Windows that the program is still running
>before the
>"Not Responding" mode kicks in ?
>
>Thanks and Happy New Year,
>Kent

I know of two options:
- change the select statements to be less time consuming
- move the time consuming to a separate thread via a second executable

If you want to notify the first executable, VFP 9 enables receiving windows
messages. Or you can use a timer to search for a file. I've got the api process
worked out if your interested.

Maybe there is a third, there is a setting to change if a progress bar appears
during long select statements.