VFP9SP2

I've got to import a CSV file.  Format spelled out by vendor says
char(30), numeric(12,2), date.  Ok. Great.  Should be easy.  File has
fields delimited by double quotes.  Fine, except that the numeric fields
are also delimited by quotes.  This screws up my simple APPEND FROM
c:\custfile.csv TYPE CSV command.  Ugh.

My initial thought is to change the n(12,2) to varchar(12) and then
modify the field after the import, but I don't like that idea because I
want something automated, not something I have to manually adjust.

How do I easily (in code) overcome the vendor's decision to put " around
ALL fields?!?!?

Thanks in advance!
--Mike

--