From: profoxtech-boun...@leafe.com [mailto:profoxtech-boun...@leafe.com] On
Behalf Of addr...@leafe.com
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2012 7:03 AM
To: profoxt...@leafe.com
Subject: Re: EDI

Jerry Foote wrote:
> Has any one had experience with EDI?
>

> Is it really complicated or just another format for transmitting data?

Had a bit of experience of EDI in the UK.  It is very complicated at the
component level if you wanted to code the EDI messages yourself.  If you don't
want to do that you can go to a supplier who has an EDI product and has dealt
with the company you want to exchange EDI information with.  They then set up
their software so you can do that.  This is far easier but will cost you an arm
and a leg for setting anything new up, plus yearly maintenance fees.

HTH

Peter

Rajan Imports has changed - we are now Whispering Smith Ltd.  For more
information see our website at www.whisperingsmith.com

Please update your address book with my new email address:
pcush...@whisperingsmith.com

.

This communication is intended for the person or organisation to whom it is
addressed.  The contents are confidential and may be protected in law.
Unauthorised use, copying or disclosure of any of it may be unlawful.  If you
have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by telephone
or email.

www.whisperingsmith.com

Whispering Smith Ltd
Head Office:61 Great Ducie Street, Manchester M3 1RR. Tel:0161 831 3700
Fax:0161 831 3715 London Office:17-19 Foley Street, London  W1W 6DW Tel:0207
299 7960