On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 12:11 PM, Lou Syracuse <l...@iconmediadirect.com> wrote:
> Using SQL Server?  Might be overkill, but this product rocks:
> http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-compare/
--------------

The salesman called me yesterday when I told him I could't do what I
wanted to with it.  Increased granularity in tables only and skip
constraints.  He blew up the schema compare tool.  Had to send a
message back to his guys so they could figure out what happened.

Just got off phone with data engineer from Infor. EFP system, and he
told me there was no Data Dictionary.  They have a report to kick out
a .txt to use.  But in java the scrape session code to display the
"Description" of the table.

Only 3400 base tables to compare!

--
Stephen Russell